Long time no post.
This time, I would like to introduce you Java2Script powered WeMail ( http://webuzz.im/mail/ ), a Gmail-alike web mail client. WeMail is a general web mail client for all POP/IMAP & SMTP mail providers. So it supports Gmail, Hotmail/Live Mail, Yahoo! Mail, AOL/AIM Mail and others.
WeMail currently provides Gmail demo accounts for demo: after the page is loaded, select “java2script.demo” or “java2script.talk” from email drop-down list and then login. You can compose and send new emails (Drafts are auto-saved). You can read and reply emails. Folder Drafts, Sent Mails, All Mails, Spam and Trash are supported. Setting, Search and Contact is not supported yet.
You can also visit WeMail development blog for more screenshots
- First, design WeMail using WindowsBuilder Pro designer. Designing UI takes a lot of the time.
- Second, import JavaMail, separate email jobs into several Simple RPC classes and implement them using JavaMail API.
- Third, run and debug WeMail as a normal desktop Java application. Everything is about native Java development.
Why implementing another Gmail-alike web mail client?
- WeMail provides the abilities to use Gmail UI for other mail providers besides Gmail, like Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail. Gmail UI may increase people’s daily email processing efficiency.
- WeMail provides people another way for accessing to Gmail, Yahoo! Mail or other mail providers, in cases accessing to certain websites is blocked.
BTW: Along with development of WeMail, there are a few Java2Script updates (compiler bug-fixing and SWT library improvements). Please check it out.