New and Noteworthy
1. No more need to enhance Eclipse JDT core jar for Java2Script compiler
2. Full support of Eclipse 3.2.0 besides Eclipse 3.1.*
4. Early Java reflection implementation.
1. Improvement of CTabFolder, Table, Combo, ProgressBar, Scale
2. Support of embedding Shell inside normal HTML page (please visit inline demo of http://j2s.sourceforge.net)
3. Early key navigation support.
4. More LAF themes
1. Support loading classes asynchronously both in Java and Java2Script, please visit
1. Support JUnit tests both Test Case and Test Suite
More information, please visit updated homepage: http://j2s.sourceforge.net/
Road to Java2Script 1.0.0 release:
- 1.0.0 M3 will be released at Aug 20, 2006.
In this release, main features include
- Full support of Eclipse 3.2.0 beside Eclipse 3.1.*
- No more need of extra JDT core jar enhancement
- Early Java reflection implementation
- JUnit support
- CTabFolder, Table, Combo, Spinner, ProgressBar, Scale improved
- Early key navigation support
- Lazy layout improved
- Support more look and feels
- 1.0.0 M4 will be released at about Oct 9, 2006. In this release, all features should be locked.
Coming features include
- CoolBar, ToolBar, Menu, ColorDialog, FontDialog, more custom widgets improvement
- Look and feel manager
- Key navigation system
- DND system improvement
- Windows manager
- Extension points for RPC calls (only interfaces with a very simple reference implementation)
- Bug-fix of M3
- There is no 1.0.0 M5 but will be 1.0.0 RC release at Nov 11, 2006
Works to be done include
- Packing system tunning
- J2SClazz core packing and zipping
- J2S SWT performance tunning
- J2S SWT packing tunning
- Benchmark system for Java2Script
- More integration tunning
- The final release of 1.0.0 will be released in later December, 2006, about one year after Java2Script is open sourced. All thing may depend on feedback of 1.0.0 RC.
Works to be done include
- More tutorials
- White paper
- Demo projects using Java2Script
- Lots of XXX v.s. J2S to tell developers about advantages and disadvantages of J2S.
Not all the snippets is supported!
Enjoy finding out which J2S SWT Snippets work. J2S SWT is still under developing.
Why is called “Reloaded”?
In the early stage of Java2Script project, SWT Snippets was a showcase page. And it was also a test case page. So this page is just reloaded form former page. The first time I setuped Snippets page, it cost me some time. But as Java2Script project got much improvement. Now, it’s much easier for me to setup the whole SWT Snippets page. And with more and more improvement, I am sure that it will be more convenient to integrate Java2Script application with existed HTML applications(pages).
Java2Script Getting Started (PDF)
It’s for the coming release of Java2Script 1.0.0 M3 and later release.
FAQ list is also to be created in the coming days.